Today on the show we have coach Lucian Acaru. Lucian has helped transform many lives with his rather unconventional approach to diet and lifestyle. In our sugar-driven world, his Eat Fat, Get Lean approach is a combo breaker.
In the past few years Lucian’s clients have lost hundreds of pounds, transforming their bodies from overweight and sometimes obese to fit and healthy. Some of them even put their type 2 diabetes into remission (a state in which all signs and symptoms of diabetes disappear). All by restricting their carbohydrate intake.
In this podcast episode you will find out if the ‘eat fat to get lean’ approach is right for you and how to get the most benefit out of it.
- Why 50% of material on nutrition taught in sports science, medicine and nutrition schools is total BS.
- What insulin resistance is and how it affects our bodies via sugar (carbohydrates)
- How Lucian helped his clients lose hundreds of pounds of fat and helped them put their type 2 diabetes into remission
- Prevention of chronic diseases associated with obesity and insulin resistance. All using a balanced nutrient-rich diet and natural movement.
- Lucian’s own nutrition plan and habits.
- Using fat as primary fuel and why our brains love ketones, the by-product of fuelling on fat
- Whether you really need to re-feed carbohydrates when you’re restricting your carb intake
- Why calories don’t really matter, and what matters insteadand much more.
This is the very first episode of the High Achiever Diet Podcast. Hope you enjoy it. Feel free to get in touch with any questions via our Twitter handle @hiachieverdiet